Do you want to become a high-qualified professional able to approach complex issues of finance and accounting management and resource management in a turbulent and competitive business environment? Our Program offers a unique opportunity to broaden your knowledge of finance and accounting and acquire valuable skills in finance market research, managerial accounting, banking, data analysis, and financial decision-making. You will shape a study path according to an individual module program and internationalize your experience by participating in exchange projects boosting your future career opportunities.
Education type: Master’s program
Duration: 4 semesters
Number of credits: 120 ECTS
Start date: 1 October 2021
Tuition fee (for foreigners): 4 100 PLN per semester
The goal of the program is to provide graduates with advanced knowledge and skills in the field of applied finance and accounting. The graduates of the program demonstrate a deep understanding of finance theory, business processes, entrepreneurship, and strategic resource management that gives a range of opportunities to pursue a career in the government sector, corporations, and research institutions. In the first and second semesters, students gain in-depth expertise in such areas as monetary policy, management of financial institutions, forecasting and simulations, cost accounting, managerial accounting, risk theory, marketing strategies of financial institutions, financial law, financial reporting, accounting and consulting, financial engineering, investment analyses, and international business. In the third and fourth semesters, students choose eight modules, including five subjects related to the major field of study and three subjects focused on specific finance and accounting area and social skills. The freedom to choose elective subjects from the offered set allows students to shape their paths of professional development and get valuable experience beyond the scope of the major field of study. According to ECTS, the student receives credits after passing the particular components of the program covered by the curriculum.
Module 1 – Financial institutions
Students gain in-depth expertise in such areas as management of financial institutions, marketing strategies of a financial institution, financial law, and information systems in financial institutions and monetary policy.
Module 2 – Managerial Accounting and cost accounting
Students gain knowledge of new tendencies and innovative forms in managerial accounting standards and cost calculation management and analysis.
Module 3 – Accounting and Reporting
Students learn financial accounting, financial reporting, including managerial economics and corporate finance, with a particular focus on strategic planning, business decision-making, and financial reporting and controlling in bank.
Module 4 – Analysis and Modeling
Students learn mathematical statistics, modeling, and forecasting techniques for research and data analysis. They use sophisticated statistical software to build analytical models and forecast behavior of business entities. The area of gain new knowledge covers: risk theory, investment portfolio, forecasting, and simulations, financial engineering
Module 5 – Financial management
Students master their skills in investment portfolio creation and corporate financial market decisions and gain knowledge about contemporary finance theories
Requirements and application process
The student is expected to fulfill the entrance requirements and submit necessary documents to be enrolled in the first year of studies.
- Application form
- Motivation letter
- Copy passport/ID card
- Bachelor’s diploma and grades transcript
- English language certificate – in exceptional cases, language proficiency can be verified by an interview organized by the University.
- In the case of non-EU nationals, the visa invitation will be issued after they are enrolled in the first year of studies and proceed with a payment for the first semester of studies.
The graduates of the program gain a unique combination of knowledge, professional and social skills, including:
- in-depth knowledge of theoretical phenomena occurring in the economy, including the agri-food sector,
- deep knowledge of data acquisition and processing methods and the use of theoretical knowledge to correctly select methods and tools to solve formulated problems related to economic and financial processes and phenomena,
- extended knowledge of forms and standards as well as legal regulations regarding the functioning of entities in the real and financial sector,
- knowledge of the directions and content of modern doctrines in economics and finance as well as the theory of enterprises along with knowledge of economic and financial terminology at an extended level,
- possessing in-depth knowledge about ethical, social, ecological and other conditions of conducting a business activity, including basic concepts and the principle of intellectual property protection and copyright,
- skills in using the acquired knowledge in the selection of data sources, methods, tools, analyses and calculations in the field of phenomena in the area of finance and accounting, as well as for the critical assessment and interpretation of the results obtained,
- skills to analyze the causes and effects of phenomena occurring in the economy in the field of finance and accounting,
- ability to correctly use normative systems, norms, rules for solving problems in the field of finance and accounting, formulating conclusions and opinions based on the results obtained,
- gain skills to identify new challenges and development perspectives specific to finance and accounting area; including searching for ways to implement them using modern tools, including experiments, analytical methods, computer simulations, and information and communication techniques,
- effective communication with the environment using economic and financial terminology and the ability to discuss economic issues using appropriately selected (including critical) arguments, also in a foreign language,
- skills enabling planning and organizing individual and teamwork, including interdisciplinary activities,
- skills for independent planning of further development in professional and social terms,
- recognition of the importance of knowledge in professional life, critical analysis of its resources and search for its sources among experts,
- awareness of conducting business ethically and ensuring respect for the achievements and traditions of the profession of a financier.
The graduates can take various positions in government, non-government, and business sectors, research institutions, or start their businesses. Advanced knowledge finance and accounting will give you career prospects as a business analyst, financial analyst, financial market specialist, banking analyst, accountant/accounting specialist, finance officer, financial planning manager, or financial controller. Furthermore, extended managerial and financial analytics skills, as well as social skills and language proficiency, offer the graduates an opportunity to become team leaders and run independent business projects in the international environment. Besides, having gained a broad knowledge of scientific research methods, graduates can undertake post-graduate and doctoral studies.
As an option, during the second year, students can participate in international exchange or be enrolled in a master’s program at one of the foreign partner universities and obtain a second degree in the relevant field abroad.
The program requires preparing a thesis by the graduate under the supervision of an experienced academic researchers. In the thesis, the graduate is expected to focus on the application of acquired theoretical knowledge for the solution of practical issues related to the corporate finance, accounting, international accounting standards, managerial accounting decisions, cost accounting, financial markets, financial investments, market financial decisions, financial data analysis, banking, insurance, business development, considering both the national and international context.