M.Sc. in ECONOMICS and ORGANIZATION of ENTERPRISES
►SPECIALIZATION – Economics and Organization of Enterprises ►MAJOR – Economics
►FACULTY of Economic Sciences
Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW
ADMISSION PROCEDURES FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
The legal basis of this procedure are the following documents:
– The Act of 27 July 2005 Law on Higher Education (Journal of Laws No. 164, item. 1365 with further amendments), Art. 43;
– Regulation of the Minister of Education and Science of 12th October, 2006 on undertaking and carrying out studies and courses and participation in scientific research and development projects (Journal of Laws of 19th October 2006 with further amendments.);
– Regulations on undertaking and carrying out studies at WULS-SGGW by foreigners (adopted by the WULS-SGGW Senate on 29 January 2009)
FORMS OF STUDIES
Faculty of Economic Sciences offers MEO studies in English:
- MASTER STUDIES (second-cycle):
- M.Sc. in Economics
– Major: Economics; Specialisation: Economics and Organisation of Enterprises
– Start: 1st October, Duration: 4 semesters
1. The following documents should be sent by post or submitted by you to the Student Affairs Office:
- Signed application form with a photograph attached;
- A photocopy of valid passport or other document confirming the identity of the candidate (the original document is to be presented upon arrival);
- CV in Polish or English;
- A document confirming the knowledge of English;
- A certificate from consulate confirming Polish descent or Polish Charter, if the candidate holds one;
- Original or certified copy of higher education graduation diploma (a photocopy of the original certified with the seal of the institution/university that has issued it.), together with supplement/transcript of records (a specification including the subjects taken, number of hours and grades), entitling to undertake second-cycle studies in the country of its issue. The Diploma must be legalized or legalization must be replaced by an apostille certificate attached to it
- A copy of high school leaving certificate – a document entitling to undertake studies in the country of its issue. On request the applicant is obliged to provide apostille.
Documents issued in languages other than Polish or English must be translated. The translation shall be made or certified by the Consul of the RP or by a sworn translator, entered into the panel of sworn translations of Ministry of Justice
The documents should be sent to:
Biuro Spraw Studenckich (Student Affairs Office)
Szkoła Główna Gospodarstwa Wiejskiego w Warszawie (WULS)
02-787 Warszawa, Poland
with a remark „Rekrutacja” (Enrollment)
- A copy of a valid visa or permanent residence card, if the candidate is obliged to have it (the original should be presented);
- 2 up-to-date photographs in accordance with requirements for the Polish ID and the same photograph attached to the application in electronic version;
- Medical statement translated into Polish, certifying that there are no counter indications to undertake the studies at the chosen faculty.
- Evidence of insurance:
– Foreigners from the UE member states or EFTA member states are obliged to present The European Health Insurance Card, issued in the country of origin.
– Foreigners from countries other than EU member states or EFTA member states are obliged to have an insurance policy against sickness and accidents or sign an agreement on voluntary health insurance in Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia (the Polish National Health Fund) immediately after starting the studies. If you are considered to be of Polish descent according to regulations on repatriation, the fees are paid by the university or the organisation unit conducting the doctoral studies.
- If not provided at the stage of recruitment process, the candidate is obliged to provide upon arrival the following:
– Original version of higher education graduation diploma, together with supplement/ transcript of records (a specification including the subjects taken, number of hours and grades), entitling to undertake second-cycle studies in the country of its issue. The Diploma must bear an apostille.
– Original of high school leaving certificate – a document entitling to undertake studies in the country of its issue. On request the applicant is obliged to provide apostille.
Documents issued in languages other than Polish or English must be translated. The translation shall be made or certified by the Polish Consul or by a sworn translator, entered into the panel of sworn translations of Polish Ministry of Justice.
8. Your diploma will be in the process of recognition for further education.
DOCUMENTS CERTIFYING THE KNOWLEDGE OF ENGLISH
The candidates are obliged to provide one of the following documents certifying their knowledge of English on B2 level or higher according to global scale of „Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: learning, teaching, assessment (CEFR)”.
A list of documents fulfilling the criteria:
1) International Baccalaureate Diploma
2) European Baccalaureate
3) Certificates confirming the knowledge of the foreign language at B2 level:
Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) – ALTE Level 3 (B2) and higher:
– First Certificate in English (FCE);
– Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage – at least Pass;
– Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT);
Educational Testing Service (ETS):
– Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – at least 87 points in Internet-Based Test (IBT); at least 180 points in Computer-Based Test (CBT); at least 510 points in Paper-Based Test (PBT);
– Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) – at least 700 points;
University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council, IDP IELTS Australia:
– International English Language Testing System IELTS – above 6 points;
City & Guilds, City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications, Pitman Qualifications Institute:
– English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) -First Class Pass at Intermediate Level minimum;
– International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) – the level „Communicator” minimum;
– City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) minimum the level Communicator (B2) 500/1765/2;
– Spoken English Test (SET) for Business – minimum Stage B „Communicator”;
– English for Business Communications (EBC) -Level 2 minimum;
– English for Office Skills (EOS) -Level 2 minimum;
Edexcel, Pearson Language Tests, Pearson Language Assessments:
– London Tests of English, minimum Level 3 (Edexcel Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International);
Education Development International (EDI), London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board:
– London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI);
– English for Business minimum Level 2;
– Foundation Certificate for teachers of Business English (FTBE);
– English for Tourism minimum Level 2;
– level „Pass with Credit”;
Telc GmbH, WBT Weiterbildungs-Testsysteme GmbH:
– B2 Certificate in English – advantage;
– B2 Certificate in English for Business Purposes – advantage;
– Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2);
– Telc English B2 (Business and Technical);
4) Document confirming graduating from a programme carried out in English only in a higher education institution abroad or in the Republic of Poland
|Students registration and submitting application documents (every year)|
|FORM OF STUDIES||From||Until|
|M.Sc. (second – cycle) studies|
|– starting 1st October||10 June||15 July|
Accepted candidates shall be informed via e-mail.
Foreign students undertaking studies at WULS-SGGW on commercial basis shall contribute an annual fee, which in case of second-cycle studies amounts to: 2200 Euro per academic year
Candidates are to contribute additionally a single fee for the first year of studies increased by 200 Euro.