The Faculty of Economics of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences was established on August 13, 1953 as the Faculty of Engineering and Economics of Agriculture. In 1958 the name of the Faculty was changed to the Faculty of Economics and Agriculture and it was in force until the end of 2007. At the request of the Dean of the Faculty, the Senate of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences, from 1 January 2008, changed its name to the Faculty of Economic Sciences. In 2019, three units were separated from the Faculty of Economic Sciences: the Faculty of Economics, the Institute of Economics and Finance, and the Institute of Management.
From the very beginning of its existence, the Faculty held a leading position as a research and teaching center. Over 19 thousand people were promoted at the Faculty. graduates of all forms of study. It is a model for curricula. In its history, he has repeatedly introduced new subjects to the didactic offer and created new fields of study, adapting them to the current needs of the market. Currently, the Faculty of Economics educates over 3,000 students in first and second cycle full-time and part-time studies. Students study five fields of study: economics, finance and accounting, logistics, tourism and recreation, and management.